As Vice President of Operations, Compliance One Group, Eric Kella manages the firm’s organizational development and markets all service segments. Eric thrives on client success stories. He approaches each business relationship personally…by creating new partnerships and humbly appreciates these clients are teaming up with Compliance One Group to help them not only refine their culture but implement successful new compliance life cycles within their facilities.
With a background in healthcare construction, Eric and the firm’s founders dreamed of a way to bridge the unique construction requirements, AHJ’s and facility manager’s needs, and code compliance regulations together on the front end of the building process. Eric is instrumental in bringing innovative industry compliance developments to the growing organization’s national clientele via inspections, reviews, assessments and educational presentations.
Eric directs the multi-disciplined team of Compliance One Group experts including architects, engineers, construction managers, fire inspectors, former surveyors and Certified Healthcare Constructors dedicated to serving the needs of the physical environment as it relates to healthcare, education and corporate facilities.
He also serves as Second Associate on the board of Michigan Society for Healthcare Engineering (MiSHE), a state-wide association of people who work as healthcare facilities managers, directors, engineers, and supervisors. MiSHE’s mission is to promote better patient care through improved engineering practices.
“I find great satisfaction in being able to answer and solve our clients’ struggles with our extensive knowledge base. Assessing, identifying and providing sustainable solutions is exciting and motivates me and our team daily. Our solutions not only meet or exceed code requirements but also create operational efficiencies for our clients. That’s just fun!” Kella said.
When Eric isn’t working with the team or clients, he can be found recharging physically and mentally by working out, reading or pursuing his hobby of nutrition. A true water lover, Eric is equally content at the beach or in nature on the trails with his wife and animals.
Eric’s expertise includes:
- American Hospital Association’s Healthcare Construction Certificate (HCC)
- American Hospital Association’s Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC)
- Healthcare facility code compliance expertise, including MEP systems, medical gas, and barriers
- Infection control prevention expertise, including infection control risk assessments (ICRAs)
- Bureau of Fire Services
- Bureau of Health Care Services
- Health Facilities Engineering
- Versed in NFPA 101, NFPA 99, NFPA Life Safety
- Extensive experience in working with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AJHs), The Joint Commission, HFPA, AAAHC and CMS accrediting agency standards